PrincePerelson & Associates VP of Operations (Construction & Asset Management) in Layton, Utah
Vice President of Operations, Construction/Real Estate Development
Our client, a leading local home, commercial construction, and development company, is looking to hire a hands-on Vice President of Operations to oversee day-to-day division performance. This position serves on the executive team, developing and driving the strategic vision of the organization. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset and prior experience in the commercial construction and investment/development industry. This position requires strategic thinking and the ability to develop teams, people, and systems, all while ensuring the financial strength and operating efficiency of the company. This position is located in Northern Salt Lake City.
Essential Functions of the Vice President of Operations, Construction/Real Estate Development :
· Responsible for managing and directing company operations to meet and achieve budgetary and financial goals.
· Work alongside the executive team to develop strategies to support overall company objectives
· Provide leadership, management, and vision to position the company technically, operationally, and financially for growth.
· Develop and provide growth opportunities for team members within the organization
· Supply strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers
· Lead the team to maintain an open line of communication and reporting, monitor job progress, schedules, and subcontractor performance, and coordinate the operation of the field team through management of field personnel.
Skills & Abilities of the Vice President of Operations, Construction/Real Estate Development :
· Results-driven with strong decision-making abilities.
· Superior leadership and business acumen skills, with the ability to effectively manage, lead and supervise a multidisciplinary team.
· Strong understanding of staff management, industry specifics, and business strategies
· Proven track record of successful financial management
· Possess executive-level communication and influencing skills with the ability to think critically, resolve issues, build consensus and have proven skill in negotiating and mediating conflict.
· Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
· Advanced levels of Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Excel & Word)
Requirements of the Vice President of Operations, Construction/Real Estate Development :
· Bachelor’s degree required; focus on construction or finance preferred
· Master of Business Administration (MBA) is strongly preferred
· Minimum 8 years of experience in the commercial construction industry
· 3-5 years in a senior management role
· Prior experience with general contracting, investment management
Benefits of the Vice President of Operations, Construction/Real Estate Development:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
· 401K Match
· Vehicle Allowance
PrincePerelson & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.