Intermountain Healthcare Intermountain Healthcare Administrative Fellow-2020 in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Administrative Fellowship provides an opportunity for recent graduates to receive administrative experience in a variety of healthcare business units and facilities. The Fellow will work closely with a mentor or preceptor from the hosting department or facilitating administrative team. The incumbent performs problem assessment, analysis, solution design and recommendation, and implementation as directed – based on experience and capability. This role is normally a one-year assignment and the administrative fellow is typically assigned to work on a different project or in a different location each quarter.
Click or copy and paste the link below into your internet browser for more information and FAQ's on the Administrative Fellowship opportunity at Intermountain Healthcare: http://bit.ly/28SHE1V
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Works on special assignments as directed by their preceptor / mentor - either individually or as a member or leader of a project team. Leads or participates in meetings and collaborates with key stakeholders and subject matter experts as appropriate.
- 2. Assesses problems through appropriate data collection and analysis techniques.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate action steps for problem resolution.
- 3. Implements action steps for improvement and evaluates effectiveness of problem solution process and outcome.
- 4. Practices "double-loop learning", learning not only from the actual work done, but from the fellowship process itself - helping to continuously improve the fellowship experience for the incumbent as well as Intermountain Healthcare.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M-F, days
- Additional Details: This is a one-year Fellowship opportunity that offers full benefits and professional development opportunities.
Application Process Details
Please note, applications will not be reviewed until October 2019. At this time, we will contact our top applicants for interviews.
*Applicants must attach the following documents to the online application to be considered. Failure to do so will lead to automatic declination:
- Transcript (unofficial---official will be requested if you are a final candidate)
- One-page essay describing career goals and objectives
- Three letters of recommendation: One academic (from either the director of the applicant’s graduate program or the applicant’s academic advisor), one professional, and one other (academic or professional)
Intermountain Healthcare is a member of the National Council of Administrative Fellowships (NCAF), and will adhere to the NCAF application timeline and process. Please be aware that this position will be posted until at least October 2nd, per the national NCAF deadline.
We value your time as an applicant. In order to improve the application process, Intermountain Healthcare will be participating in the National Administrative Fellowship Centralized Application Service (NAFCAS). NAFCAS is a simplified and streamlined application process for candidates interested in applying to administrative fellowships.
You can apply from the Intermountain Healthcare Careers website or through NAFCAS. Once the NAFCAS portal is open to students, you can apply by using the following link: nafcas.liaisoncas.com
- Master's degree. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.or Completion of Master's program pending completion of Intermountain internship within one year.
- Demonstrated quality academic preparation as indicted by letters of quality of their academic preparation, letters of recommendation and prior work or intern experience.
- Experience demonstrating conceptual, analytic and problem solving skills.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity.
- Master's Degree in Business (MBA), Healthcare Administration (MHA), Public Health (MPH), or a clinical discipline such as Nursing, etc.
- Experience building and leading creative and effective teams.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City