Aerotek Payroll Analyst in Salt Lake City, Utah
LARGE TECH COMPANY Description:
Day to Day Responsibilities of this Position and Description of Project:
Workday is looking for a Payroll Analyst who wants to make their mark on a growing organization. The ideal candidate is a self-
starter, problem solver, great communicator and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic fast-pace
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assist with a variety of processes for payroll for Canada and US
· Help administer garnishments
· Process terminations and other off-cycle payments
· Prepare upload and audit various payroll data (EIB)
· Provide timely quality customer service to employee inquiries
· Audit collective and individual employee pay records for accuracy
· Reconcile employee deductions and employer costs
· Understand all aspects of Workday pay cycle to effectively assist with testing end-to-end functionality
· Identifies and implements system improvement opportunities
· Serve as backup for other payroll team members
· Prepare documentation and train employees as needed
· Assist payroll leadership team with special projects as assigned
· Verifies compliance with various statutory payroll requirements
· Assist with external audits as assigned
· Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, HR, or another respective field; relevant or transferable experience (5+ years) may
be considered in lieu of a degree
· Experience processing payroll in medium size or larger organization
· Canada payroll processing experience preferred
· Advanced MS Excel skills · Demonstrates initiative, flexibility and follow-through · Attention to detail and analytical problem solving skills · Ability to work well within tight deadlines · Collaborative team player; ability to work in cross-functional teams · Prior experience with Workday, SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft, or other ERP
workday, bi weekly payroll, garnishments, special projects
Top Skills Details:
Experience at a Large company processing 1000-10000 employees
5+ years experience
US payroll required, Canadian experience REQUIRED.
Will consider non degreed candidate for experience.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Best vs Avg; 5+ years processing large company (1000+ employees) biweekly on cycle and off cycle payroll. US and Canada experience. Workday proficiency. Someone from the Tech industry is a nice to have, but not required.
REASON JOB IS OPEN: Team is growing. New role.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.