Federal Reserve Bank Senior Product Analyst in Salt Lake City, Utah
Position:Senior Product Analyst
Location:Salt Lake City
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco believes in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building inclusive culture that is representative of communities we serve.
The Federal Reserve Bank is looking for a motivated, hardworking and creativeSeniorProduct Analystwho is passionate about helping drive emerging technology throughout the Federal Reserve with the National Integration Services (NIS) team. This group is part of the Information Technology Services division of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, which has partnered with National IT (NIT) to provide application integration services on behalf of NIT. This position is located in our Salt Lake City, Utah Branch.
To be successful in this role, you must have strong time management and prioritization skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and be a vocal leader who has experience managing or supporting products/services, as well as complex projects, to completion. You also are able to independently manage their own work, helping ensure that product releases are delivered on-time and within budget, adhere to quality standards, and meet customer expectations and business needs. This position requires you to understand both product technologies and business needs, have a proven ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, and maintain positive relationships with customers and partners.
This role will assist the leadership team through all phases of a product lifecycle including forecasting total cost of ownership and other key factors in running a product portfolio as businesses. The product analyst will have the opportunity to work directly with critical payment offices, lines of business, as well as key cross-functional partners within National IT. In this role, you will support product managers in running products as a business and collaborate with support teams in lines of business, National IT and across the Districts to align product investment and track expenditures. This role will focus on the development and tracking of key performance indicators in alignment with budget targets and includes participation in executive budget presentations preparation. This role also tracks day to day operational spend to inform product managers of opportunities to align spend to metrics to minimize residuals and reduce total cost of ownership.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Working independently, generates standard reporting deliverables and leads forecasting efforts and analysis of potential responses to senior leadership.
- Responsible for supporting strategic product, customer onboarding and feature metrics.
- Supports management in “running the product as a business” throughout the product lifecycle in the development of budgets, forecasts, position papers, analysis summaries, target tracking to align spend with critical metrics tied to budgets $10MM or above.
- Supports the long-range planning for the group and assist in the development of action plans to support metrics per product.
- Serves as the knowledge source for National Product Management with a deep understanding of FRB accounting, expense and capital budgeting, and PACS rules, contracts and agreements.
- Manages day to day tracking of billable hours and sees opportunities for improvement and recoveries.
- Coordinates the creation of billing relationships with each of our business partners for directly billable work. Tracks approved book of business with finance and reconciles reporting/available hours against budget risk/gaps (with financial analysts in SF and NIT).
- Engages with National IT’s financial support teams to track expenditures across Districts and summarize in executive reporting. Aligns customer estimates with approvals, resources and hiring related to System IT engagements.
- Identifies key opportunities for business process improvement, as well as development of technical or process improvements to increase operational efficiencies, or reduce costs across the FRS.
- You possess solid business insight, and have the ability to communicate effectively, conduct meetings and deliver formal presentations on the development, socialization and tracking of product critical metrics and running a product portfolio as independent businesses.
- Familiarity with accounting, billing best practices and/or reporting/financial analysis technologies.
- 3 years experience in product management, small product business ownership or financial management
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Administration or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to coordinate and work with diverse groups of subject matter experts.
- You possess strong financial and process analysis skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, teamwork, leadership, critical thinking, multitasking, and time management skills.
- Ability to influence successfully in a highly matrixed or virtual organization.
- Some travel may be required.
- Familiar with Federal Reserve accounting practices and standards or conglomerate/subsidiary or cross-entity accounting
- Product Management certification, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Scrum Product Owner, Scrum Product Master or similar training.
- Familiar with product requirements management, roadmaps, business modelling, value planning and customer journey mapping.
- Experience working with lean product teams and/or tools.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pre-tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday’s, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a great Pension.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Title: Senior Product Analyst
Location: UT-Salt Lake City
Requisition ID: 259899