HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Transfer Center Operations and Data Analyst in Salt Lake City, Utah
HCA’s MountainStar Contact Center offers a variety of patient transport services and the only transport specialty teams with the ability to provide high risk obstetrical, neonatal and critical care pediatric patient transport into the division hospital system. Serving patients throughout the country, HCA offers comprehensive health solutions—including advanced medical care, education, and community outreach—at its 178 hospitals and other freestanding facilities. At the HCA Contact Center, we assist in transporting patients by ground, helicopter and fixed wing. We also provide daily, 24-hour access to the transport teams for Inner Facility Transfers, Physician Office Direct Admissions and Emergency Transport for injured and critically ill patients. This unique service simplifies the process of getting a patient transferred to the right hospital, to the right specialists, at the right time by utilizing the latest telecommunications technology. The Transfer Center is staffed by registered nurses and EMT/paramedics who will assist in arranging the transport logistics.
JOB TITLE: Transfer Center Operations and Data Analyst
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Operations analyst plays a key role in ensuring data integrity, data quality and in assisting Transfer Center leadership by providing insights into the Transfer Center daily operations and overall business operations. The analyst is responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of operational and strategic reporting of the Transfer Center department. He/she will support both new and ongoing reporting, business process redesign, process improvement initiatives by providing data insights.
EDUCATION: REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Healthcare Information, Computing, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields PREFERRED: Master’s Degree
EXPERIENCE: REQUIRED: Two years related experience PREFERRED: Previous Operations Analyst experience preferred, Strong understanding of medical terminology, and/or Healthcare related experience with extensive data and reporting experience **
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: * Assists with the QA/QI of daily charts, phone calls, and reports as requested by Transfer Center leadership. * Assists with the staff productivity reports by pulling data from Transfer Center Software, Phone Systems, etc. * Track and Monitor key call metrics trends to ensure quality service (call volumes, call abandonment rates, call queue wait times, etc.) * Provides guidance, training, and technical support to department staff on all department related software. * Maintains and updates the software system as per the National Transfer Centers standards * Trains staff on the data standards and definitions as well monitors adherence to the data standards. * Assists with staff communication, provides updates and maintains standards regarding data capture. * Development of intra-departmental reports and dashboards for use by internal department staff. * Monitors and analyzes trends in Transfer Center processes and identifies areas of opportunity. * Maintains and develop methods to stay abreast and make recommendation based trends that impact the department and division. * Collaborates with DSS and others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions. * Collaborates with key decision makers to identify and solve a variety of business or operational problems and clarify management objectives. * Assists with the evaluation, analysis, and development of reporting and analytical tools to analyze department and division performance indicators. * Supports the development and maintenance of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting of division, hospitals, and corporate. * Interfaces consistently with internal and external customers. * Adheres to the policies and procedures in regards to database infrastructure and data security within the department and those set forth by HCA. * Works with the Director to implement, maintain, and troubleshoot outside vendor software and technologies. * Coordinates and leads compliance initiatives, as requested. * Manages access and maintenance of IT systems used in the Transfer Center space as appropriate. * Maintains Sharepoint site * Responds to frequent data requests in a timely manner * May assist with employee supervision or monitoring at times * Completes other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Ability to pay attention to detail.
· Excellent analytical and data management skills. SQL, Teradata experience and / or exposure preferred.
· Strong computer skills and technical capabilities, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office, Business Objects, etc. Elevated Microsoft Excel skills required (Macros / Formulas / Pivots / Etc.)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to concisely summarize for executive communication.
· Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to effectively work with others.
· Ability to plan, organize and manage resources within prescribed timeframes (prioritize and focus)
· Ability to work independently and self-review, manage deadlines and multiple priorities, thinks tactically and strategically, demonstrates objectivity, results oriented, and show initiative and creativity.
· Ability to quickly learn new systems, platforms, and software packages.
· Show flexibility to address last minute requests and work independently, under pressures and deadlines
· Ability to research, understand, and explain healthcare services’ volume, utilization, and market data
· Ability to research, understand, and explain market demographics
· Extensive knowledge of generally accepted database design methodologies and querying tools – SQL, Access, Teradata
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
· Ability to develop and maintain highly functioning web reporting applications using a myriad of tools and techniques.
· Ability to access, understand, and communicate effectively about individual hospital reporting and metrics.
· Ability to identify and respond appropriately to primary client/customer needs (service orientation)
· Ability to provide follow-up and demonstrate attention to detail
· Ability to verbally articulate and communicate with manager, team members and customers
· Ability to probe for additional information in an appropriate fashion
· Organization- Proactively prioritize initiatives and have keen ability to multi-task
· Communication– Communicates clearly, proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and management
· Customer orientation- Establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
· Adaptability– Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
· Energy– Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time
· Stress Tolerance– Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
· Project management- Identifies, communicates, and manages projects as required
· Tactical execution– Effectively executes and manage tactical initiatives in support of strategic objectives
· IT&S Skills Required– Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office and quickly able to integrate and learn other systems
· Additional Equipment Skills: Mobile smart phones, data projectors, fax, copiers, printers
· Travel: May be required at times. May be required to travel for training.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Transfer Center Operations and Data Analyst
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City-Mountainstar Contact Center
Requisition ID: 26138-44672