Cisco CX Business Development Manager - Value Exchange in San Jose, California
As a Business Development Manager, you will work to identify, define, quantify, and deliver business value to CX partners and customers acquiring and implementing CX offers. You will develop and present compelling value propositions, proposals, and business cases, and then track post-sales benefit realization in support of Cisco's largest partners.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support partner engagements through initial business value proposition creation, process and capability assessments, and financial projections for CFO-Ready Business case presentations.
- Draw insights for customers using public source.
- Lead sales, pre-sales, post-sales and other ecosystem members in order to discover, document, and present the business value of our solution in our largest opportunities.
- Build and present customized presentations to C-level audiences (CIO, CFO, or board level) who are considering strategic transformational investments in CX products and services.
- Be the "go-to person" for sales management in your supported territory for value related activities.
- Coordinate with partner management, marketing, and other pre-sales functions to grow the amount of value related activity in your region.
- Defining new Business Value deliverables/ processes + support standard tools/templates.
- Build out standard value cases and calculations for new capabilities.
- Develop and deliver training material used to enable sales teams and the broader ecosystem. Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and deliver detailed presentations to customers on current/future state of processes and solutions in scope.
- Excellent consulting skill-set, including discovery, analysis, quantitative modeling, listening, communication, presentation, persuasion and project leadership skills.
- Familiarity with industry-specific publications a plus.
- Understanding of services and software deal dynamics and ability to think strategically about driving software opportunities forward.
- "Get it done" mentality - willingness to roll up the sleeves in a fast-paced, highly varied environment.
- Drive and motivation to take on additional responsibilities over time.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Working knowledge of how IT functions, particularly in the areas of Operations, IT Service Management, Infrastructure and Application provisioning and management.
- Experience performing high-level briefings and presentations to senior executives and C-suite customers as required.
- Proficient in building financial models (ROI & TCO) for executives.
- Comfortable building customized PowerPoint slides.
- Masters Degree in a financial or technical field OR equivalent work experience.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.