Willis Towers Watson Data Analyst Manager in South Jordan, Utah
The Data Analyst Manager (DAM) is responsible for managing and supporting the day-to-day operations and performance of a team of Senior Data Analysts (SDA). The DAM works with our Client Data Integration Managers (CDIMs), the Mid-Level Managers (MLMs), and the Database Engineers (DBEs) to find systematic solutions to manual data work. The DAM also helps the SDA team prioritize service desk work to the DBE teams, provide expert level experience to clients and cross functional teams, guide and share system and tool knowledge with the CDIMs and the Client Data Analysts.
Why Join Us:
At Willis Towers Watson, we ask a lot of our people so we give a lot in return through our Global Talent Rewards philosophy including…
• Competitive Compensation – pay for performance culture
• Competitive employee healthcare, vision and dental insurance plans
• Employer match 401(k) retirement plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off (accrue and increase with tenure) plus paid holidays
• Flexible work schedules
Who You Are:
As a Data Analyst Manager, on the Client Services team, in our Individual Marketplace business line, you are an exceptional people manager, with high analytical knowledgebase in order to provide direct oversight to the Sr. Data Analyst team, our various internal customers (Client Data Analysts, Client Services) as well as our external Global 500 clients. You will be responsible for…
• Oversight of the day-to-day operational support of the Senior Data Analyst team.
• Direct and help with providing analytical support to the Client Data teams and other internal stakeholders.
• Help with prioritizing and directing the flow of our service desk (JIRA).
• Assist and direct the SDA team in facilitating good data health for the entire department.
• Creating new and helping update existing technical specification documentation.
• Collaborating with the Senior Data Analysts, Sr. Leadership, and the Database Engineers in knowledge sharing, training and mentorship activities.
For success in this role, you’ll need to be comfortable taking ownership over your work, with an emphasis on communicating effectively with leadership and challenging the status quo in making decisions.
Who We Are Looking For:
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• You have 4+ years’ experience in managing teams – Preferred technical teams.
• You have 4+ years’ experience in a data-intensive role with progressive responsibility levels.
• You have 4+ years’ experience with SQL querying in MS SQL Server.
• You have 4+ years’ experience with all Microsoft Office Suite tools (especially Excel for analysis).
• You have experience writing and understanding technical specifications documentation.
• Your experience with healthcare related data is strongly preferred. Medicare is a HUGE plus.
Personal Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• You have an undergraduate degree or 4+ years’ work experience with Data Analytics.
• You have an understanding and a working knowledge of project management.
• You’re someone with a natural curiosity and an analytical mindset— you seek to find “why” and are eager to share your insight with others.
• You have confidence with a healthy dose of humility; you challenge our ideas, but make us like you when you’re doing it.
• You excel at managing timelines and prioritizing work efficiently but can adapt to change as quickly as it happens.
• You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with keep ability to present “data turned into information” in a clear, concise manner.
• You can be described as both “diligently thorough” and “thoroughly diligent.”
• You encourage and foster “teamwork first” mentality.
• You are able to analyze the time it takes to achieve a task or project, and effectively set timelines, key objectives / milestones, and deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
• You are a problem solver from both a people management perspective, and project management perspective.
• You are highly driven to improve yourself and your team in both professional and technical skills.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries and markets. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com at https://www.willistowerswatson.com/ .
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights. at https://cdn-static.findly.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/478/2019/03/Equal-Opportunity-is-the-Law-Poster-Supplement.pdf
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.