Oracle Senior Principal Technical Program Manager (Join OCI-PPM) in West Jordan, Utah
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Ten or more years of project management, product design or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This team enables building, deploying, and operating workloads at scale on Oracle’s Cloud. The team is responsible for delivering services for developers using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure allowing them to commit code to hosted Git repos, build their application with a CI service, store the artifacts in an artifact store and deploy with a CD service on to OCI Platforms. The team also own the programmatic interfaces which customers use to interact with OCI - namely SDKs, CLI, Terraform, ORM, and Ansible. This team also manages the API consistency across OCI, and the Cloud Shell and Resource Manager services.
OCI mission is to provide our customers with best-in-class compute, storage, networking, database, security and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
This new team is being constructed with an entrepreneurial spirit: you’ll be joining at the ground floor of a fast-growing new venture that offers a great deal of autonomy with a variety in the work to be done. This role offers high visibility and fast career growth with the pace of a start-up and the heft of Oracle behind it.
We are specifically looking for a *Senior Technical Program Manager *to join our team and report to Vice President. You will own overall Rythm of Business for our team.
· Drive leaders in the team to delivery features and services on time.
· Ensure high standards and consistency for the Oracle customer experience.
· Recommend process improvements and serve as an escalation point for all issues and questions associated with a project.
· Ensure that resource requirements needed to support a particular project are in place.
· Provide on-going written and verbal release status updates to senior leadership.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field
· 15 years’ experience in a technical project or program management role
· Understanding of SDLC and modern application development with services
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams to establish and maintain our roadmap, setting appropriate expectations and insuring our product and services meet our high operational excellence standards
· A demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically
· Superior written communication skills are a must
· Judgement, maturity, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills and leadership skills
· Must be comfortable working with large amounts of data
- Preferred Qualifications:*
· Experience managing software and/or hardware development
· Experience managing cloud development projects
· Experience in enterprise cloud solutions (Azure, AWS, Etc.)
Job: *Product Development
Title: Senior Principal Technical Program Manager (Join OCI-PPM)
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000VWE